Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hike... Cut... Decorate... The Perfect Recipe






Thanks to an invite from Patrick and Brooke, we joined them and Jim and Jenny for what I would like to become an annual Christmas tradition. We drove down to Spring City, purchased a permit and hiked up the canyon to cut down our Christmas Tree. It was such a blast. Emerson slept through the whole hike and Tanner fell several times (if this does become a tradition, he will definately wear boots and not tennis shoes next year). We followed all of the guidelines and left with three beautiful trees: ours, my moms and grandma annies. I wish I could say that Patrick and Jim followed all of the rules too, however they broke several, just ask them about their 9 ft. tree that they cut 100 feet away from the stream???? More like a 40 ft tree cut in the stream and topped to be 14 ft. Rule breakers. But so much fun, can't wait to do it again.

0 comments: