Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Tanner

Okay... So I am a little behind on this post (his birthday was in February)... or perhaps it was just something I wouldn't have blogged about... either way, I gave Tanner a set of roller blades for his birthday. He loves them! Ever since, it has become a regular family activity in at our house. At least one night during the week, lets call that night "Family Night," we put them on and ride around our neighborhood and up to Artic Circle for a little treat. Even Bella loves it because she knows she gets a kiddy cone. Emerson loves it even more, especially when she is strapped to Tanner instead of in her stroller (don't freak out everyone, I wouldn't let tanner do it if I didn't think he had extremely good skating skills). Plus, lets me honest... her stroller hasn't been all that safe as of late... wonder why?
Here is Tanner with his sweet new blades... He prefers the kind without a brake and he is still trying to teach me how stopping works without one.

Even my mom has gotten in on the action... let just say that her skills are not up to par.

Finally... The ultimate skate experience was a blast from the past when we went to Classic Skating with Tanner's family for his birthday. And can I say, it was a BLAST. I recommend it to anyone looking to shake up their usually date night activity. In this video, Tanner is skating/dancing to "all the single ladies." He was much more into it until I got my camera out... but here is just a sneak peak (hopefully he doesn't follow our blog because this could get me in big trouble)!

0 comments: