We decided to do Christmas morning at our house this year. It was so much fun to just wake up and go downstairs. My parents joined us and we had our traditional breakfast. Eme and Thatch opened all of their present from us and Santa... as well as everything clothing related from my parents. They got a train... kitchen... tons of games... a couple of toys and books. Tanner and I got an awesome TV for the basement. Then we went and spent the afternoon at the Purser's... they spoiled us with Disney stock (our favorite)... toys, clothes and cash... We had a fantastic dinner and the kids loved eating at the "kid" table with grandma candy. We ended the night up at my parents house with dinner and more presents. Tanner got a pretty sweet gun and the babies got more toys and clothes than I know what to do with. They were so overwhelmed by the day that we didn't end up opening everything... we are saving their stockings for a night later in the week. It was such a nice day... a little crazy... but so good. It is so much fun to see Emerson really starting to get into all of the traditions we have. On our drive home, she heard me talking about Santa and pulled her bottle out of her mouth to tell us... "Santa my house more." It finally clicked and she was a fan.
Our traditional crowns... always a treat.
Our sweet one piece pj's... with their sayings. Tanner's said "I tried to be good but I got bored" Emerson's said "Just watch me manipulate" Thatcher's said "All I got to do is smile and they are mine" and mine said "I totally agree with myself."
Grandpa picked out a Dora doll backpack just for Eme and she was in love... she carried it around the rest of the night and didn't even need to open any more presents... she was content.


0 comments:
Post a Comment