Tanner and I haven't left our babies for more than a night at a time since they have been born. So, we decided to take a little road trip down to Yuma to visit his grandparents. I love Yuma and I love his grandparents, they are the best. We were lucky enough to get to spend time with lots of his family while we were there. Pat's sister Betty was staying with them and I wanted to bring her home with me, she was a riot. We did lots of sight seeing, shopping, playing... and of course eating if you know the Purser's. Unfortunately, we cut our trip down there a little short because we ended up getting tickets on a sold out cruise we wanted to do. However, while in Yuma, we discovered the most amazing park that I can't wait to take Eme and Thatch to next year. I wish I had gotten a picture of it, amazing.
The cruise we got on was just a short 4 day three night one in Baja Mexico, which translates to... mainly at sea, one day in Ensenada, Mexico. It was a blast. So nice to just relax and think about nothing. The weather was perfect and because most of the people on the boat were drinking or gambling, we had the pool and hot tubs all to ourselves. While on board, we got to see thousands of dolphins (most amazing thing ever), play miniature golf, swim, go to shows and eat. I completely lost count of the number of ice cream cones I consumed, I finally had to tell Tanner not to judge me if I ate three in a row.
The second day of the cruise was in Ensenada. We decided to take a bus out to la Bufadora to check it out and to do a little shopping. La Bufadora is one of the world's largest blow holes. While were were there, it wasn't that impressive (low tide), but we could tell it sprayed super high. While we were shopping, we were able to hold and play with an 8 day old baby tiger and a 3 month old lion. It was so much fun and the baby tiger even fell asleep in my arms. Despite how cute and cuddly they look, their fur is actually pretty coarse and they where quite stinky.
After we felt like were were sufficiently pestered by the locals trying to sell us things we didn't need, we found a side street and walked to the ocean. We were able to rock jump out to the big rocks and climb up for an awesome view.
In the low tide pools, it was amazing at how much sea life was in them. So many fish and crabs and sea creatures... fun to look at.
Right before we left Ensenada, we decided to get brave and try local tacos. Tanner played it safe and went for the pollo or chicken (which looked the worst in my opinion) and I was brave and tried the cactus... that's right, roasted cactus taco as well as a fish taco. Surprisingly, the cactus wasn't that bad, kind of tasted like chili peppers just a little too slimy for my liking. The fish taco was ok, but we decided authentic Mexican food wasn't really for us.
We ordered some fresh, delightful churros to fill us up instead.
No surprise, but we missed our babies. We drove eleven hours straight to hurry home to see them. Emerson was so excited and even more excited when she found out we brought her back surprises. We got her a really ugly Dora hat from Mexico and a princess backpack from Yuma so that she can pack her own bag and join us on our next trip. No surprise, but she loves them and I can't get her to put them down. Thatcher man, on the other hand, wasn't too excited to see us. In fact, he wouldn't even let us hold him, he just wanted my mom. Broke my heart. Luckily, when he woke up the next morning, he was super excited to see me, but wouldn't let me out of his sight for even two seconds.
All in all, it was a fun trip and it was nice to get away and relax for a while. Next time, I think we will bring our peanuts along... too hard to leave them.
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! We are jealous.
Oh wow! That sounds like such an amazing trip! Justin and I need to do something like that....
Post a Comment