I absolutely love this picture... and this story. My mom and I were making our newest cousin baby, Enzo, his birthday cake. In the process, my mom had a left over piece that she frosted and put Emerson's initial on it. That night when we got home... my mom presented Eme with her cake. Eme was so excited and requested that she even get candles and wanted everyone to sing to her. It's no surprise, that Thatcher wanted in on this too... unfortunately for him, he didn't have a cake. Why not improvise, a slice of bread (which we did eventually frost) with a couple candles in it, should be the same, right? His face says it all and David summed it up "This is my life represented through my niece and nephew... the second child always gets screwed." To which I reply... "Life isn't fair... so get used to it!"
2017
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment