Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Emergency Room... Insta Care... Doctors???


Okay, this last month hasn't been the best for either one of us in the health care department. It all started a couple of weeks ago when Tanner thought he got the flu. After a couple hours of excruciating pain and throwing up, he went into the emergency room to find out that his appendix had to go. A couple of minutes after the doctor and just gone into surgery, he came back out and informed me that Tanner was too skinny to do the procedure laproscopically (sp?) and that they would just have to do it the old fashioned way. Tanner didn't seem to mind, he keeps calling it his bullet shot wound. It was kind of fun to watch him come out of the anesthesia, he kept waking up panicked, not knowing where he was. Then he would remember and look down to touch his scar. Then his eyes would wander and he would blurt out.."hey, I am naked!" Just as we were finally getting over the "I just had major surgery comments," I pulled and irritated a tendon while I was working. I finally went in a week later just for them to tell me to wear a splint and give me some pain meds that would make me feel all better. Several hours later, I was puking my guts out and broke out in hives everywhere. Too bad I had to work. I went on a 4 mile hike and hung in there for my whole shift. I think the total number of times I had vomited ended up somewhere in the 30's. Back to the insta care for me. They put me on an IV, steroids and anti-nausea combo that was supposed to make me all better. Three days later, I am still puking. Oh well! I've been asked several times if perhaps I am just pregnant. To clear up any of that confusion, I just got back from that Dr. appointment and the answer is no! Sorry!

0 comments: