After our fairly poor attempt at making a garden happen, Tanner decided that it might be easier to try and hatch pheasant and quail eggs instead. Who knew that there was a market for bird eggs on eBay? Anyways, he bought an incubator and several variety's of quail along with a dozen pheasant eggs. However, once he got his incubator and read the instructions, I have a feeling we should have tried harder with the garden. The eggs have to be kept at a temperature of 99.5 degrees and rotated four times a day for the first 23 days of incubation. The next question I had for him was, what are you going to do if all 34 eggs hatch and we have 34 birds running around? "Easy" he said, "I'll just go hunting." Obviously, I came back with, "you hunt quail when they are the size of a quarter?" He said "oh yeah, haven't figured out the in between part yet." So if anyone is offering to house some birds for us until Tanner is ready to hunt them, let us know. It could be fun. Hatch date is June 6th so we will keep you posted.
2017
9 years ago
1 comments:
Thanks for making me laugh aloud! Love ya!
Post a Comment