With the nasty air in the valley from the inversion... we decided to escape it for an afternoon and headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon to snow shoe into Donut Falls. Well... I made it the whole way by snow shoe... Alex and my mom ditched their shoes early on and hiked the whole way in. It was such a beautiful day and was so much fun. Inside the cave was so pretty... but my mom wouldn't let us go in even a little bit... however, we still were able to sneak a peak.
Towards the end of our hike... things got reckless... between Alex and my mom sliding the whole way down from the falls to staged "big air," we had a blast. I will get in so much trouble for posting this picture... but I only promised that I wouldn't post it on Facebook... nothing about my blog.
This is the opening into the falls... not very big and really easy to miss... but inside was amazing.


0 comments:
Post a Comment