So Potty training Emerson hasn't really been a priority at our house. Lets face it... accidents don't sound like too much fun. Plus, Emerson doesn't really seem like she wants to and what would I use to motivate the child that already gets as much candy as she could possibly dream of. Honestly... she thinks the Diego potty is a hat...
However, she has been waking up dry and she is starting to understand the concept so I think I should help her out a little bit. For Christmas... Grandma Candy gave her tons of Chocolate ornaments to hang on the tree. She loves them and wants them so bad. I decorated the upstairs tree with them and put them high enough that she can't reach them. She asks for them all day long. I have even caught her trying to get them down with the bar stool. I think they are so cute and I love them on the tree... I told Tanner I wasn't going to let her eat them... Then it dawned on me... why not let that be the pee pee motivator? The blue ones are her favorite...
So now... I ask her if she has to go pee pee and she says no... I ask her if she wants a chocolate ornament and she says... "I pee pee" Works like a charm. The only problem is that now she wants to pee every five minutes so she can eat an ornament... Oh well, eventually we will get there. I will not brave leaving the house though without a diaper yet... I am not mentally prepared for that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment