Monday, May 20, 2013

His & Hers



Anyone that knows Tanner and me really well... knows that we are two of the most frugal people out there... We are always sporting hand-me-downs or wearing clothes from high school (in the pictures above... I am wearing a shirt I recently acquired from my mother and Tanner is wearing one from high school).  We rely on our parents for all of our babysitting needs... way too cheap for sitters.  I just recently upgraded from a first edition Nokia brick phone. We usually share an entree when we go out to dinner (this one isn't just because we are cheap... but we are little eaters as well).  A Cafe Rio pork burrito feeds our family of 4 with leftovers!  Sometimes we call a can of mandarin oranges and a can of green beans dinner.  I could go on and on... However, when we do spend... we have a tenancy to spend BIG!  This isn't an announcement for the 100th time... but we had recently started thinking to consider potentially trading in the truck... by the end of the year with something that had a third row.  So... I started looking at what I wanted to replace it with and we went to test drive what I thought I wanted.  I was ready to leave the dealer with a used Acura MDX when Tanner insisted that I go at least test drive the new Hyundai Sante Fe.  I caved and we went over there and instantly I knew I wanted that car instead... even though it was quite a bit more.  While we were working out all of the financing and numbers... the sales guy asked us questions about the truck and then asked what our other car was.  Then he said... If you traded them both in and left with two new cars... I think I could save you some money.... and that he did.  I am still not quite sure how it all happened... but we left that night with two brand new cars... we couldn't be more excited!  I'm still in shock.  As sad as I am to see the truck go, this is my very first brand new car and I love it!

1 comments:

Kimba said...

Love the new Santa Fe! Soooo cute!