Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Lovin' the Lorax

I can't even believe that my little guy is already 2!  Sometimes I think he is still just my little baby... but then he says something like "My Spider-man" and I realize that he is now a KID!  When I started planning his birthday party... all we heard him talk about at home was the "Lorak" (that's how her pronounces the Lorax).  So I decided to theme his party around that.  So much fun and everything turned out so cute.  However, as we got closer to his actual birthday, he became obsessed with Spider-man.  So he probably would have liked it better if it had been Spider-man themed... but I think he ended up with the best of both worlds... Lorax party.... and lots of Spider-man presents!
 Truffula trees and banners for decor.
A table full of Lorax themed treats that included:
Truffula seeds (jelly beans)... Humming Fish (gold fish)... Barbaloof Snacks (marshmallows)...
 The Lorax head cake...
 The Lorax party hat...
 Chocolate mustaches...
 Popcorn for the movie projected in the great room...
Truffula tree cupcakes...
 and lots of orange flavored drinks!
 Sorry buddy... but we only had the Princess bounce house... you loved it anyways.

Enough with all of the fun decor and treats... here is an overload of some of my favorite party pictures from that night... As always... thank you Shauna for all the fun pics!
 The mustaches were a huge hit and my dad hoarded all of the left-overs.






 Love this picture... I'm surprised that Easton was willing to get so close after Thatch had given him a huge bite mark just a few days ago.

 Not loving the hat.




 My kids absolutely, positively hate to have anything messy or dirty on there hands... Therefore, just after one poke... devouring the cake with his hands was a no go.

Overall... it was an amazing night shared with wonderful people.  Words can not describe how much I love this little guy.  Every time I look at him I can't believe he is mine.... he is just so stinking cute.  I love his funny little personality.  He went from being the most loving and mellow little guy at 18 months... to an opinionated, somewhat, angry elf by 2!  This kid has the funniest temper and will be so mean (hitting, scratching, pinching and even biting)... but then, the second you tell him no, he gets in trouble, or he gets hurt... he melts so fast and turns into the snuggliest little sweetheart.  My favorite is when he will tuck both of his arms in and bury his face in your shoulder for the best snug.  I know as a parent... you will never have a favorite child... but unfortunately for us... kids always seem to have a favorite parent.  Anyone that knows us well... knows that Emerson is her daddy's little girl and he is always her favorite (even though she tells us all the time "I love you both the most").  Lucky for me... I am still this guys favorite person... and I love it.  I can't wait to see him grow and become more and more his own little person.  I love you "handsome boy!"

0 comments: