I can't even believe that my baby is 3! I don't ever want him to grow up... and fortunately for me... he seems to be growing at a VERY, VERY slow pace. In lots of ways, he has been the easiest kid. He is so smart, does well at school, potty trained himself 5 months before he turned 3, follows directions so well and is the best little cleaner... and his smile could melt the coldest of hearts... the trick is... finding that smile. He can also be one of the most cranky kids you have ever met. We call him our "angry elf" because he is pretty much always angry. For a long time, we thought that might be because he was always sick... but he has gone 6 months illness free... (knock on wood)... and he is still as angry as ever. For his birthday, he wanted a despicable me party. He loves the "one-eyed" minions (he is very particular). Even though it was pretty cold at the park... he had a blast. His party was filled with his favorite things and people and we had the best day. That night as I snuggled him in bed, I told him now that he was three... he was no longer in the terrible two's so he was going to have to start being nicer. He told me he would... but it has been a couple of weeks since our conversation and I don't think he knew what he was agreeing to... because the "angry elf" still emerges every once in a while. I love this boy more than he will ever know and I am so lucky I'm the one he calls Mom!
2017
9 years ago














0 comments:
Post a Comment