Monday, January 27, 2014

Cruisin' 2013

 Tanner and I have been considering… possible… thinking… about having another baby.  Before we take that plunge…. we decided to take a fun vacation, just the two of us… and some friends.  It was such a nice break from the babies and we had a blast.  When we started looking at some cruises… I found one that left out of Puerto Rico.  Thinking the flights there would be ridiculous… I found that I could get both of our flights for the price of one to Florida!  So off to Puerto Rico we went.  We also visited Frederiksted, St Croix; Philipsburg, St. Maraten; St. John's, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; and Bridgetown, Barbados.  Our favorite Island was St. Lucia… we could definitely see ourselves returning there in the future.  One of our favorite activities was the Pirate ship.  We had done one on our first cruise and talked Kade and Elisa into doing one again.  This one was extra awesome.  In addition to walking the plank… they had a rope swing and we got to snorkel over a sunken ship, as well as, with sea turtles.  I actually got to touch and help feed one.  In Antigua… we went on a Catamaran ride (bucket list)  where we snorkeled with Jelly fish and went into a private beach.  We did so many fun things and loved learning about all of the different cultures.

 Old San Juan was so cool... I loved the streets and houses and the castle/castle wall that lined the ocean. 



 In St. Croix... we just hung out on the beach and relaxed.  The island is tiny so it was perfect.


 In St. Maarten we played on airport beach... that was an experience.  The thrust from the planes when they take off is unreal and super fun to watch.  Talk about some free microdermabrasion. 





 I held a jelly fish... not one but two!  The guide selected me as the group guinea pig and made me hold it.  I was terrified... especially when he said, "just open the palm of your hand and you will be fine.... they only sting skin."  I don't know if I am completely unaware of my anatomy... but I thought the palm of my hand was covered in skin?  Not that it mattered... I didn't get stung and willingly held another... smaller one.



We drove past multiple fruit farms in St. Lucia... Banana, Cocoa, Grapefruit.  And at all of them we got to sample some fruit.  It was beautiful.
This view was amazing... also St. Lucia, overlooking a small fishing village.
Secluded waterfalls in St. Lucia... also on my bucket list.  They were beautiful.



Time to get our Pirate on.  Loved the top deck dancing party and snorkeling.  Below is our attempt at getting as close as possible to the sunken ship.


Rope swing and plank.... They were both a lot of fun but I was partial to the rope swing.



Our last day in Puerto Rico... Sad to have it all end... but beyond excited to see our babies.  Can't wait for our next adventure like this... I have a feeling it will be a while.

0 comments: