Parties... Parties... and more Parties. Love this month. Our first Christmas party was at the Purser's. Race/Ate candy cars... played lets make a deal... and got to visit with Santa.
Emerson loved her present from Santa.
The next party was at Grandma Marion's... but I guess I didn't take any pictures that night... sad. Next we headed to the Hogle's... and only got a couple of pictures of the kids in their Christmas p.j.'s (one of two cute matching sets).
Christmas Eve in Logan... we love the Purser's. Eme scored, not one, but two huge chocolate coins. She was in Heaven. Lots of treats and games.
Christmas morning. The kids were slightly overwhelmed. We had been telling them that because we were "homeless," Santa wouldn't know where to find them and that they wouldn't get anything. They started making sure that every time they saw him and sat on his lap... they informed him to come to Grandma Carey's house. And boy did he find them. Thatcher's first words were... "what the heck... that one is mine." Eme was shy but got over it quickly as she realized how many presents she had to get through. I loved that she was able to read which ones had her name on them. The best part was... because I had written TO: before their names on them... she assumed they were all Thatchers because they all started with "T." Her biggest present from us this year was a massive... and I mean massive... Caboodle of make-up and more make-up. Thatcher's biggest present from us was a Monster's Inc. four wheeler.
Like always... Grandpa Dave did a little shopping of his own for the kids. He got them... and himself... automatic nerf guns... so we spent a good portion of the morning shooting each other.
For the record... over-sized t-shirts are not at all flattering on me... I literally look 9 months pregnant.
Our parents surprised us by having it "rain" money.
In my mom's stocking... I put cheese and bacon flavored crickets. My mom dared Tanner to eat the biggest one for $20 and he did it... Thatch even joined in and ate one... slowly (like over a 5 minute period).
The kids scored some pretty sweet sleeping bags... rolling bags... and p.j.'s from Shauna and Kelly. They love them for sleepovers.
Shauna creatively came up with this unique cash gift because we wanted money for our new house. All I can say is that I don't love glue dots anymore.
Christmas night... we headed up to Dean and Kay's for dinner and family time.
So grateful for our family this time of year. We truly are so blessed and couldn't ask for more (except for our house to some how be completed a month ahead of schedule... wishful thinking).






















0 comments:
Post a Comment