Monday, January 27, 2014

Pre-Christmas Festivities

Because we were gone on our cruise until December 9th... we had to do a lot to squeeze in all of our normal December activities.  We started with a fun little play date with friends to frost cookies and do a little gift exchange.

 Then we were off to Gardner's Village to hunt down some elves.

Traditional Sitting on Santa's lap at the mall was a must.  For the first time, they were both willing... Thatch just wasn't sure. 

We all missed Stuart... Sam did the most.
Zoo lights... my favorite.  We picked such a good night this year... wasn't too cold and wasn't crowded at all. 





 The elephant was their favorite.
We even did a little get away to Provo with some of our favorite people.  Breakfast with Santa... Swimming... Sledding and Orange Peel.  Doesn't get much better than that.
 The kids had all had their turn with Santa and we had gone to get our breakfast and sit down.  All of a sudden, Thatcher got up and went back in to talk to Santa for just a little bit longer.  I think he finally decided that he liked him.  It was so cute... they spent about 5 minutes together just chatting.  Afterwards... Santa asked me if he had heard him correctly... "did this boy just ask for Spider-man Make-up?"  Ha, ha... yes he did.
 The morning of the breakfast... as I was getting ready.... I thought to myself... I hope Elisa didn't wear the same leggings I packed... but she did.  Too funny.



 I think some of the adults had more fun sledding than the kids... except for Easton... he was in heaven.
Too close to not stop... wish we had one closer.
Our traditional trip to the temple.  It was beautiful... like always.

 Finally... the Draper "Tree of Life," as we like to call it.  I loved driving past this tree at night and seeing it all lit up... so much so... that I made Tanner stop one night so we could take pictures.  They don't do it justice and our group shot is terrible of Thatcher.... but I can't even describe how amazing this tree was.


0 comments: